Sunday, January 28, 2007

succumb to the meme

I think the eyechild may have been cheating by tagging 5 blogs for the "5 things" meme, but hey I'm flattered, so I'll go with it.

I don't often write things in this blog, it's supposed to be about the drawing. So I'll dealing with my 5 things about me in cartoon form.

Thing #1:

I think I might be addicted to teh interwebs. No really. I get restless if I can't logon at least 3 times a day. Whenever I have nothing else pressing to do I have a very powerful urge to "check my email" or whatever it is I make the excuse of having to do. It's really just a need to escape. I have an ex-girlfriend who once accused me of "having a reading problem like other people have a drinking problem", I've just switched from the soft (cover) gateway drug to the hardwired real thing.

The clinical definition of addiction requires habituation, in which increasing doses are needed to stave off withdrawal, this has been true up to a point for me, although I seem to be plateauing now, hopefully. Also included is the gradual diminution of pleasure derived from the dependency, which explains the hours of dysphoric clicking on delicious, or this post from back in the day

The funny thing is, I've never really watched TV much and despise it for it's ability to suck up entire hours of my life; yet I can happily spend those same hours sitting in front of my lappie laughing at pictures of cats. Perhaps I'll have to start rationing my hours on this thing too.

2 comments:

Zeno Cosini said...

I'm definitely addicted to the intraweb. First thing I do when I come in is log-on. I just ate my dinner all scrunched up at a weird angle so I could piss around on the hypernet while I ate.

sigh9 said...

sad innit?