Monday, January 29, 2007

thing #2

Five Things: thing#2


I have an online doppelganger. Actually more of a doppelnaamer, really. Somebody who shares exactly the same first and last names as me and who works as a cartoonist and illustrator. He has the .com of our name/surname combination.

I don't have a particularly common surname, certainly the only moderately famous person I've ever found sharing my surname was a member of Spiritualised and even then, not really famous. So it's a bit strange finding myself online already doing my dream job.

A friend has advised me to give his (our) site address out to impressionable young things to increase my chances of impressing said things, after all I can prove it's my name up there in pixels. She was a little deflated when I pointed out the necessity of an internet connection for this plan; not likely in the kind of places one tends to find young people in need of impressing these days. Also: how many people want to shag a website? Apart from the pR0n ones, obviously.

2 comments:

The Eyechild said...

There aren't many who share my surname either..

I ocassionally google my name.. There are a few of me out there, the most notable being a bass player in San Francisco.

Judging by the illustrations, you've been at the vectors.. nice.

sigh9 said...

yep - I've just discovered illustrator. so much fun. almost does all the work for you.